Chris Chapter 2, I can't recruit Arthur

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Chris Chapter 2, I can't recruit Arthur

Post by gildedtalon »

The oven in the kitchen can not be examined
I've already finished Geddoe chapter 3 and Hugo Chapter 3

One more question, how to recruit Melville? I recruited Billy using Geddoe
I'm currently playing Chris Chapter 2, Louis already left the party to prepare hot water for milady while the 5 zexen knights I bring everywhere hunting treasure bosses and recruiting characters

Already seen the cutscene of Watari thinking about Ayame in the castle, so I just need to head to North Cavern to recruit her
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Oliopro

Re: Chris Chapter 2, I can't recruit Arthur

Post by Oliopro »

Can't be done I'm afraid. The 108 Stars page is wrong and Chris can't recruit Arthur until chapter 4. If your looking to get him so you can get Goro the only character that Chris can get with the appraisal skill is Mio. I haven't tested it yet but there is a chance that you can't recruit him until Chris chapter 3, you can definitely get Mio in chapter 2 though.

On getting Melville and Elliot, they are in the alleyway that their secret hideout is in from Hugo chapter 1. There is a chance that you have to recruit them with the character you recruited Billy with as he tells you about Melville when you recruit him, so the other characters won't be aware of Billy's wishes.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Arthur cannot be recruited by Chris until Chapter 4. Thomas can still grab him if you haven't done those chapter yet.
I don't know if Chris can pick up Melville in Chapter 2. You can definitely pick up Melville with someone other than whomever recruits Billy, I've done that plenty of times, but usually with Hugo or Thomas being the one who recruits Melville. Chris may not be able to do so until chapter 3, as you may need to be able to recruit alanis in order to recruit melville and elliot, and Chris in chapter 2 hasn't got access to the lizard clan.
Oliopro

Post by Oliopro »

Typing this as I recruit them. Yes you can get Melville and Elliot in chapter 2 as Chris.