Skill slot codes

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
lucalives

Skill slot codes

Post by lucalives »

I've tried searching but haven't found any relevant questions involving whether anyone has found out how to add more skill slots to people via codes. As in, say I want to add 3 more slots to Edge. The codes that I have found will not allow me to access or change anything except the 5 he is supposed to have.
EasymodeX

Re: Skill slot codes

Post by EasymodeX »

You can edit those skill slots directly even if they don't visibly show.
lucalives

Post by lucalives »

So they do actually still modify the values still, is there a set of codes to make it visible for edge and watari. I love their characters a lot but they generally suck compared to a lot of other characters.
EasymodeX

Post by EasymodeX »

There's probably a way to do it, but it's a pain in the ass to find the data (it's probably static with an unknown structure). Given that you can edit the unallocated skills anyways, I don't know if anyone really wants to go through the effort of finding the data to edit :D.
lucalives

Post by lucalives »

I figured if someone knew they'd have it up somewhere, I was actually unaware that using the codes still changed the hidden slots. I think I tried the codes from cmgsccc last time around and it kept shifting and changing the ones I did see but not the ones that were hidden, I will try the ones from herrvillian and see if that makes a difference.
EasymodeX

Post by EasymodeX »

If you want to verify, it's pretty easy: just equip Armor Protect on an slot that's not displayed and see if your armor level goes up. Works fine for me.

The only thing that's quirky is when you try to overwrite fixed slots (e.g. replacing Chris' crappy B Repel when she already has goddamn armor protect and parry, grrr). I didn't mess with it much but I recall that the game over-wrote what I had there with Repel again after I visited a trainer or something. I'd need to do more testing to verify exactly what the behavior was and to see if it was relevant. May do that sometime if I want to overwrite Lucia's Fire Magic or something.
lucalives

Post by lucalives »

I know in the past it would act a little quirky when modifying characters set skill ( IE overwriting Hugo to have 1: Heavy damage 2: Damage 3: Swing 4:Accuracy 5:Continual Attack 6: Parry 7: Counter attack 8: Fire magic) but could generally get it to work. Of course I never checked their skills at a trainer again with those characters once I set them via code cause I would obviously set them to S (you can only beat a game so many times before you want to go in and just destroy everything)
lucalives

Post by lucalives »

I guess really, using codes to bring say Edges Swing, Holy Dash, and Continual Attack all up to S and used stat stones could he even exceed 2 swings? Is the number of swings hard capped for every character or is entirely dependent on skills and stats?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

He's exactly the same version of Augustine without White rose brooches. With that said, if Edge has S swing skill, then at level 60+ he should swing 5 times with no need for extra speed stone.
lucalives

Post by lucalives »

Well I'm glad, with a little finagling I can get him up to 8 hits. Thanks guys!
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I don't think your Edge would ever reach 8 swings even with 255 SPD, his swings will still be capped at 5 because of his weapon whose weight is rather high. So you must find another code that could alter his sword weight as well (or could change its nature to knuckle/claw.i.e)
lucalives

Post by lucalives »

I will get to that point in the game and try it out and see, I didn't even know there was a weapon weight variable in this game.
EasymodeX

Post by EasymodeX »

Weapon type is 4 bytes before the first skill slot. Not sure if that actually changes the weight, but it does change the name of the weapon and the attack from the weapon, so I assume it does the weight as well.

E.g. so if Hugo skill1 is at 2196E79C, then the weapon type is 2196E79C98.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Err, the "2" at the start of those is the command, not part of the address. I only point it out because weapon type and skills are 1-byte values, if I remember right. If you're using a cheat device, and enter 2196E798, that'll be a 32-bit write, so 196E798 - 196E79B will be overwritten. That might not be good.
EasymodeX

Post by EasymodeX »

Those are example hex addresses.

I could say 4 bytes less than AAAA is AAA6 or something. Incidentally those are the addresses for cheat engine in PCSX2, not for codebreaker/gameshark/w/e.