When Temporary Characters join fo good

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
wataru14
Guide Writer

When Temporary Characters join fo good

Post by wataru14 »

I've been working on a Suikoden iii Intial Levels/Equipment guide for this site and I want to pose some questions to the board for some quick assistance.

Shiba and Lilly/Samus/Reed each join you temporarily at one point, then leave your party, then you recruit them permanently in Chapter 4. Now, Shiba joins up in Geddoe 1 at Level 26 and rejoined at Level 45. Does anyone know if he comes back at a set level of 45 or if he gains 19 levels when he comes back? He had 200 EXP when he rejoined me, and most characters join with 0 EXP (in S2 characters who leave and come back at a higher level do so with 0 EXP when they return), so that leads me to believe he just gets a +19 levels and his EXP carries over (although 19 is a strange number to gain like that).

Lilly, Samus, and Reed join in Hugo 2 and leave in Hugo 3. They start off at 24/25/26 and rejoin in Chapter 4 at levels 44 and 43/43 respectively. I don't remember what level they were when they left, but they couldn't have gained 17-20 levels while they were with me. I used a Gameshark to quick level my three heroes (and Thomas) up to the 60s so I could easily see who joins at set levels and who is based on the recruiter. I beat Yuber in the Ancient Highway, but I fled from all non-scripted battles (which means, besides Yuber, I pretty much only fought the three Zexen Soldier battles when fleeing Budehuc).

Anyone know how the game calculates their returning levels?
eldrasidar

Re: When Temporary Characters join fo good

Post by eldrasidar »

I am pretty sure it just sets shiba to level 45 and leaves him with what amount of exp he had built up as there toward going to level 46. Lilly and crew return at the same levels they left you with.