Chris 99 trick tip

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Aerolithe Lion

Chris 99 trick tip

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

In the guide it says to grind on the plains right after escaping the war battle to 36, which takes a considerable amount of time, since non-boss mobs stop giving you good exp after about level 30.

Well, what I always do is play until the beginning of Chris chapter two, when the Y-shaped field between Brass and Budehuc opens (don't have the game in front of me, and the names have slipped my mind).

Negatives: At this point you'll only have Chris and Borus, so you're sacrificing Roland's level 99. He'll still end up around level 80 though, so if you're not going for a perfect game, it's not a major loss.

Positives: It only takes 10-15 minutes of skipping scenes to get to this point. That is much shorter than the amount of time it takes to grind to even 34 in the other option, which is the level that monsters will easily get you on the Y shaped locale. Also, if you played Geddoe's chapters beforehand, you could potentially increase their weapon levels to 12, further speeding up the process.

Once you've gone through this and get to leveling, it goes by in no time at all. Another advantage is that you have 2 guys instead of 3, giving you a better EXP multiplier to boot. Furthermore, you won't be nearly as restricted as you are in the other setup. You'll have access to Juan, where you can boost Swing and Damage as you work through gaining skill points. The powerful attack chains and level 12 weapons make most fights end in a single turn
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Chris 99 trick tip

Post by KFCrispy »

great ideas! it will save tons of time to make them very powerful in chapter 2.
but note that you don't have to sacrifice Roland's level. just keep repeating the trick even after Chris has reached 99 because Roland will still gain 2 levels until you want to stop. (but honestly he's not a very interesting character!)
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

You don't exactly have to level her up to LV. 99 in one shot per'se. You can defeat the Final Boss just fine with her as LV. 60-65. You can do it for fun and excitement although it sounds rather reckless and well....'lifeless'? Thank you.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Noraibah wrote:You don't exactly have to level her up to LV. 99 in one shot per'se. You can defeat the Final Boss just fine with her as LV. 60-65. You can do it for fun and excitement although it sounds rather reckless and well....'lifeless'? Thank you.
Of course, but this is just for fun. Mostly for people who want to mess around, steamrolling through the game. Doing the all the different Chapter 2 and 3 boss fights with a level 99 Chris is laughable!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's quite fun. i love getting her speed up to get 3 hits, and use Sword of Magic while she has a free rune slot ;)