Fastest way to beat the destroyers at Alma Kinan

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Fastest way to beat the destroyers at Alma Kinan

Post by gildedtalon »

IMPORTANT NOTE:You must buy 3 Wall rune at Duck village item shop before starting the strategy battle at Chisha Village. You can't go anywhere except Alma Kinan after the strategy battle. It won't be until later(where you finish every event at Alma Kinan) will you be able to go anywhere again :( Equip the wall runes on Chris, Fred, and Rico

After arriving in Alma Kinan, you must customize your party IMMEDIATELY. That means buying the wind rune for Nash and equipping all those runes, wind and wall. Use the training center to max Nash' wind magic skill and Yumi's earth magic;
the rest I don't care, you can train any skill you like. Yes, IMMEDIATELY
You won't get a chance to customize your party at all after going inside to talk with Yuiri :(

:idea: ________________________________________________________________________ :idea:
:idea: ________________________________________________________________________ :idea:

Max Yumi's earth magic and equip Nash with wind magic and max the wind magic skill of course

Rico, Fred, Chris will equip wall rune and put them in front. give all your best def boosting equipment to these three tanks

All items can be easily gotten, Wall rune is at Duck village item shop, Wind rune is sold at Alma Kinan rune shop

They are given wall runes so they won't attack the sleeping Luc and Sarah. Yuber can not be put to sleep no matter what :?

Don't pair the wall characters together, separate them so each pair will have a wall character

My formation is
Rico Fred Chris
Yumi Nash Yuiri

The destroyers are very vulnerable to sleep status so the strategy is

1st turn: Yumi cast clay guardian, Yuiri cast wind of sleep,Nash cast wind of sleep
2nd turn: Yumi cast earthquake, Yuiri cast the shredding,Nash cast the shredding
3rd turn and the next: finish off that cheating Yuber with your leftover MP or just use your normal attacks. He's the cheater, not us :mrgreen:

Guaranteed to work at 100% success rate :P
Last edited by gildedtalon on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 12 times in total.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Re: Fastest way to beat the destroyers at Alma Kinan

Post by eldrasidar »

hmm...I would probably switch Nash and Rico, since Nash has about the same magic stat growth, but a better wind skill. I also don't think there's really a need to give Chris a wall rune, since she has a beastly amount of both physical and magical defense. Anytime I've played this fight through and lost, Chris has always been the last to die. Give her or Fred a Firefly rune if you've got one instead, depending on which of them is better equipped/leveled up. If you picked up the Mother Earth Rune with Chris, giving that to Yumi might be a good idea as well. You'll lose clay guardian, but that shouldn't be too bad if you've maxed out most characters magic resistance, and possibly bolstered that more with gold emblems and resistance rings.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

eldrasidar wrote:I also don't think there's really a need to give Chris a wall rune, since she has a beastly amount of both physical and magical defense.
The point is to prevent her from attacking the sleeping Luc and Sarah, the 2x defense is also needed so that's a plus

K, I'll replace Nash with Rico :o
2x critical hit by Yuber to wall characters will only deal 60-120 damage while the eight-devil rune will always deal 1 damage :lol:

The point of using wall rune is to prevent your character from attacking the sleeping Luc and Sarah :D

There's no need to go for those rare items/magic resistance boosters, with my tactics, you simply can't go wrong. Luc and Sarah will never wake up, they will die on the second turn at 100% possibility

With 2 wind of sleep casters, the two are guaranteed to start the second turn sleeping :mrgreen:

All items can be easily gotten, Wall rune is at Duck village item shop, Wind rune is sold at Alma Kinan rune shop
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

The thing is that Luc and Sarah mostly do magic attacks, and they are fast about it. Using Nash to cast sleep is more likely to stop them in their tracks before they can attack on the first turn, since he'll faster than either Yuiri or Rico. On the flip side, Rico can be given a blue ribbon, so Yuber doesn't attack her at all, and with a wall rune, she's just as good for magic defense as Nash is.

With the mother earth rune you get two castings of earthquake with yumi which can frankly speed the whole process up a lot. Having Nash cast sleep, negating their spells for turn one. Yuiri cast shredding, and Yumi cast earthquake, letting fred and chris attack as well likely kills at both Sarah and Luc, and then you're just dealing with Yuber turn 2.

One thing worth noting though is that Luc and Sarah can both use offensive magic turn 1 that is faster than anyone can cast wind of sleep. If only one of them does, you're probably fine, but if both do, you could be in some trouble as characters might die or lose concentration on casting their own spell. Having wall runes equipped on the other half of the party would make that worse, since you may not have a way to heal your party or damage the destroyers. That's why I would prefer to not have wall cast on the front character, so that either healing, or an alternative damage causing plan can be formed.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

eldrasidar wrote:One thing worth noting though is that Luc and Sarah can both use offensive magic turn 1 that is faster than anyone can cast wind of sleep. If only one of them does, you're probably fine, but if both do, you could be in some trouble as characters might die or lose concentration on casting their own spell. Having wall runes equipped on the other half of the party would make that worse, since you may not have a way to heal your party or damage the destroyers. That's why I would prefer to not have wall cast on the front character, so that either healing, or an alternative damage causing plan can be formed.
You're wrong, man

Luc will always go slower than Yuiri's wind of sleep no matter what. Now that you said Nash is even faster, for sure we'll get to cast two wind of sleep before Luc even manages to cast any spell

I've confirmed it over 50 times :|

That's why I said it's a 100% win rate no matter what :D
eldrasidar wrote:With the mother earth rune you get two castings of earthquake with yumi which can frankly speed the whole process up a lot. Having Nash cast sleep, negating their spells for turn one. Yuiri cast shredding, and Yumi cast earthquake, letting fred and chris attack as well likely kills at both Sarah and Luc, and then you're just dealing with Yuber turn 2.
There is still the possibility that Luc is not put to sleep, I'm not gonna take that chance no mattere what. Relax, you'll be given a lot of turns to finish Yuber. And if Nash is as good as you said he is, he could just cast the shredding along with Yuiri for the other turns to finish Yuber off, no need for physical attacks if that's your concern :mrgreen:

You will only have to deal with Yuber for the third turn and the next, and there is no chance of failure. Whereas if we go with your strategy, we are screwed if either Luc/Sarah is not put to sleep. Any one of them not put to sleep will wreck the whole strategy :|

You don't even need to boost magic resistance at all since the only magic attack you'll receive is from Sarah at the beginning of first turn. Your characters can take it no problem :D
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I must say that I won the fight against Yuber at Kuput forest so that maybe gives Yuiri the level boost to always cast Wind of Sleep before Luc's magic attack, I dunno lol
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I didn't say it was a likely event, just that it is possible. Usually though, Luc and Sarah will try to cast longer spells, so there shouldn't be a problem. I'm also not entirely convinced that wind of sleep is that effective, even with the double casting of it. I believe you when you say you've gotten it to work 50 times, I just know from my experience with the game that it has rarely been a very effective spell, hence why I would rather just do an overload of damage early and often. Your method will probably work 99% of the time. my thoughts are just really in reference to the 1% it doesn't work.

When Sarah only has 750 hp, and Luc 900, an earthquake and a shredding will likely kill both of them, and then there's just Yuber, who after both of those, will be half dead. If Yumi has mother earth, she can just earthquake again, and that will finish Yuber off the following turn, or alternatively you can just equip a lightning rune to her in addition to her earth rune, and cast soaring bolt at a B+ rank, plus other spells from other party members to finish him off.

and no, Yuiri doesn't get really any better from one fight to the next, as you have no opportunity to make her skill better(she might level up, giving you 1-3 more points in stats, but that won't have any effect on her casting speed and only a marginal effect on her magical effectiveness.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

eldrasidar wrote:I didn't say it was a likely event, just that it is possible. Usually though, Luc and Sarah will try to cast longer spells, so there shouldn't be a problem. I'm also not entirely convinced that wind of sleep is that effective, even with the double casting of it. I believe you when you say you've gotten it to work 50 times, I just know from my experience with the game that it has rarely been a very effective spell, hence why I would rather just do an overload of damage early and often. Your method will probably work 99% of the time. my thoughts are just really in reference to the 1% it doesn't work.
Well, so far after two times cast of wind of sleep, the two will always sleep 8)

Not just the longer spell like pale gate or eternal wind, even Luc's the shredding will always go slower than Yuiri's wind of sleep. Here http://suikosource.com/games/gs3/guides/runecasting.php

The two are much much more vulnerable to sleep than any other enemy I've encountered in the game :mrgreen:

eldrasidar wrote:If Yumi has mother earth, she can just earthquake again, and that will finish Yuber off the following turn, or alternatively you can just equip a lightning rune to her in addition to her earth rune, and cast soaring bolt at a B+ rank, plus other spells from other party members to finish him off.
Her great hawk rune is fixed(not removable)
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

you got to factor in the rank they cast it with. S rank casters reduce the speed of casting 85% as opposed to 55% with a B.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

165-(85/100*165)=165-140, 25=24, 75
75-(55/100*75)=75-41,25=33, 75

Luc's the shredding is faster in theory, that means his wind magic isn't S rank for that fight

In practice, Yuiri's wind of sleep will always go faster. Maybe I saw it wrong, there's not that many times I get a chance to see Luc cast The Shredding, maybe you're right :?

Or maybe it's just A+ like when we initially get him

165-(75/100*165)=165-123,75=41,25
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yeah...luc has a wind magic ring...so he's always an S in magic, at least while you use him.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

From my obervation, that Yuber always attack the right side so if the formation is

Rico Fred Chris
Yumi Nash Yuiri

He will always attack Chris, dunno why. In my games, I always put Nash on that spot due to his high evasion rate :mrgreen:
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

technically, it's just doing the opposite of what your party would do by default, which is generally attack from left to right and front to back.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Or simply do the Chris level 99 trick.... :idea:
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

well, the level 99 trick makes Chris pretty much invincible, so you'll have a hard time losing any part of the game, but it doesn't actually make Chris that much more helpful offensively by this point in the game. It also doesn't do anything for anyone else in your party at this point in the game.