About to replay, general tips please??

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
ericm

About to replay, general tips please??

Post by ericm »

I am about to replay this game that I have mixed feelings about; I got to the end of the game and simply could not (or maybe was not willing to go what was necessary to) beat the final array of bosses. I remember, I think, that you end up making 3 parties and fighting the 3 main bad guys. I remember the game being relatively easy before this point, well, aside from some early needed grinding when you first get some characters.
Obviously I will have a better feel for the game this time through (plus I was also new to some things in it when i first played it, though I'm coming off a fresh beating of suikoden 5, so that should help some, with training etc.)
Any general gameplay tips (or tricks) from the beginning of the game that will ensure my victory this time, in the end?
eldrasidar

Re: About to replay, general tips please??

Post by eldrasidar »

Generally a good thing to do throughout the game spend a good amount of time wandering from treasure boss to treasure boss, it's a great way to pick good equipment, level up, and make money for buying all the high end equipment and weapon upgrades you'll need, you only need to be in the high 50's to beat this game, but it's vital that you be properly equipped to do so. Also remember to upgrade skills constantly, and be aware some people skills taking longer and better to develop than others(Thomas and Cecile in particular) despite the hints the trainers give you.

make sure to farm fury runes in hugo chapter 3, if you can get a half dozen, you'll be thankful at the end of the game

Play with lots of characters and try out different combinations. You'll need 18 of them at end game level to get through the last few bosses. There's some great posts on here about how to tool some awesome physical fighters, and there's lots of good mages and mage knights that you can build in this game too. Really it's all just a matter of making parties you're happy with.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you don't really need to waste time farming any particular items if it's boring to you. read tips on how to beat some of the bosses (like Sarah), and you might want to read the "beat boss in 1 turn" / "highest damage" type of posts for character builds and party setups that can make any boss battle far easier.
7deuce

Post by 7deuce »

well..suikoden 5 is much easier to beat than suikoden 3, imo
but along the lines of what kfcrispy said, the guides are around here if you don't mind some tedious work
*cough*chrislv99trick*cough*
- bringer of storms -