Treasure hunt testing?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
MegafaunaB.krieg

Treasure hunt testing?

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

Anyone ever done extensive treasure hunt testing? Looking at the skill description it says "raises chances of finding items in monster lairs" this could be another typo, which are everywhere in this game, or...

I've been reading posts all over the forums here and at gamefaqs, and while I understand the concept of RNG and "bad luck bro lawl", whenever anyone does extensive testing on drop rates, Kidd does *NOT* seem to effect them one way or the other, look at the tests eldrasidar did in the mounted pairs lowering drop rate thread.

Everyone seems to agree Kidd doesn't help, maybe that's because we are assuming the wrong thing with his skill?

I'm in Hugo ch.3, running around with 2 prosperity hats and alternating between Guillame and Kidd, i've gotten 2 fury runes in...2-5 hours. Bad luck right? BUT I'm also trying to compile an extensive chest list, so i'm hitting most of the chests as often as I can, and what i've noticed is that with a minimum of resetting, and by minimum I mean almost 0, i've been getting the super rare loot from treasure chests.

So, any test-y people want to see if they can prove me right or wrong, that the support skill treasure hunt effects chests and maybe corpses, but not drop rate off monsters?

Stuff i've been getting pretty easily from chests: Taiyoku tunics, rare runes, elemental magic rings, etc. I just opened FCHideaway last night so i'm on my way to pop Azzodess again now. It's not like i'm rolling in Taiyoku tunics, but, I am also using only an E skill, or E x 3 if it stacks that way.

EDIT: Another thing to test (if you guys don't know the answer already) is, if I am wrong and Treasure Hunt is for monster drops, does it stack? If I have 2 prosperity hats and Guillame, I will have a treasure hunt E x 3? Or will it only take one into account? The game seems good at checking multiple instances of things, like, Parry, if it fails then it checks repel, then if repel fails it checks armor protect, etc. I say this because literally as soon as I posted this, I was on my way to Azzodess with my Ex3 setup, which I did not have last night, and I got into a fight with 2 Bronze sun and nothing else, and got 2 fury runes.

Edit2: Another thing I noticed is that using treasure hunter/prosperity hats(not full set) I started getting 110k-ish from chests instead of 80kish, so could treasure hunter be not even for items at all, but just Gil finder for chests? And nothing to do with items?
Punkaiser

Re: Treasure hunt testing?

Post by Punkaiser »

MegafaunaB.krieg wrote: Stuff i've been getting pretty easily from chests: Taiyoku tunics, rare runes, elemental magic rings, etc. I just opened FCHideaway last night so i'm on my way to pop Azzodess again now. It's not like i'm rolling in Taiyoku tunics, but, I am also using only an E skill, or E x 3 if it stacks that way.

I was on my way to Azzodess with my Ex3 setup, which I did not have last night, and I got into a fight with 2 Bronze sun and nothing else, and got 2 fury runes.
Your two exemples are contradicting each others, all i can see from these are: you were lucky in both case.
MegafaunaB.krieg wrote:Edit2: Another thing I noticed is that using treasure hunter/prosperity hats(not full set) I started getting 110k-ish from chests instead of 80kish, so could treasure hunter be not even for items at all, but just Gil finder for chests? And nothing to do with items?
I play the game on emu so instant save/load is available, i did it to get rare items from chests and from random encounters, what i found out each attempt would result in different amount or kinds of treasure/gold .
And don't trust the game translation at 100% , check out Shabon description in status option "he thinks of Nei as his sister" gender bender huh?
or Mel's rune description :"300 fire damage to one foe"
MegafaunaB.krieg

Re: Treasure hunt testing?

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

Yeah the game is definitely full of spelling and grammar errors, when I was running away from Leo and Roland at Brass Castle...well, I forget what the line was, but it used the wrong conjunctions.

I'm not just basing this on the skill description, but more on all the in-depth testing (which is not much) that seems to indicate Kidd does nothing for drops. I know this stuff is hard to test if not impossible, since with RNG you could find a correlation between getting drops and having your PS2 clock set to midnight. But since Kidd does have the highest (still laughable) skill rating, and he appears to do nothing at all, I just wonder if we are believing the wrong thing about this skill.

The cash thing could also be based on level/chapter/who knows what else.

I'll go do some softresetting later to see. Problem is, I am working on a complete list of treasure chest drops but not %s so i've just been writing down each item once, and not really marking how many tries it took me to get the things. Largely i'm basing this on the observation that, I haven't done much soft-resetting, and I have all of the rare armor/runes listed in the chests/corpses that I have access to in Hugo3. But it could just be luck.

This is starting to remind me of a Final Fantasy game and I do not like it! >:F