Whining complaint post about drop rates.

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
MegafaunaB.krieg

Whining complaint post about drop rates.

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

I get that it is a rare drop, but i've gotten 0 gale runes even with Kidd. Can anyone confirm that blade bunnies in North Amur plains still have gale runes in Hugo chapter 3? The rune list on here, while wonderful, is not entirely accurate in all cases so, any of you hardxxcore people stop off to farm gale runes with Hugo3 on the way to fury runes, and actually get a drop to confirm this?
gildedtalon

Re: Whining complaint post about drop rates.

Post by gildedtalon »

It is noted as VERY RARE
If you're planning to keep a lot of gale runes, you should do it against Holly Elf(Zexen Forest) Thomas Chapter 1&2

I personally only have like 1 or 2, never had the urge to get more
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
MegafaunaB.krieg

I did a search and in another post Erdkaiser(eldkaiser?) mentioned not having Kidd in Hugo ch3 as he got him with Thomas to farm gale crystals. So based on that off-hand and sort of out of context comment I am going to assume Gale Crystals don't drop in Hugo ch.3.

But no, I don't want many, maybe just a few or even 1. It sounds like the "fast characters" will get their speed/swing ratio maxed out just by leveling/using some speed gear, and most of the slow characters can't use more than 1 rune it seems like. The only character I can think of offhand that I would want one on is Sgt. Joe to make him more devastating with his mounted unite. Oh and maybe Chris since I failed to get her to 165 speed while doing the 99 trick.

But mainly I am trying to find out for sure about the gale rune(and other runes) because, I played this game when it came out, then again a few times over the years (usually not the full game) I did a full playthrough about 1-2-3 years ago and only when I was in chapter 4 or 5 did I find out that I had missed a lot of the runes/gear that I wanted/needed. The Dancrenshaw guide on gamefaqs, while great, doesn't have much for item locations, especially on missables or rares. So now I am playing through again, keeping a save file at the end of each applicable chapter, and testing rune/armor locations/availability etc, and compiling a full list of corpse/treasure chest drops chapter by chapter (although it sure seems like corpses are static, and treasure chests are also static to the boss rather than character/chapter, but better safe than sorry) which nobody has done yet. All items, not just the rare items.

Then if it turns out well i'll try to post it as a faq on gamefaqs or something, so nobody else needs to suffer like I have. Or at the least I will have a personal 100% list, if I can't get it posted.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I don't have any tips about that gale rune but just to remind you...it will be only useful at beginning of the game to help your characters obtain new swing earlier than they should then from chapter 3, you could have a handful of fury and dbl strike runes already which are overall better to equip than gale rune< except the fact it remains better choice for chars with 1 swing like Duke,bazba..etc but i doubt you'd use them too much>

What's your Chris current speed? If it's around 135 then you should not be worried. Because she could equip blood armor (20speed) or the best in game winspun armor(15speed) and 3 feather earrings (another 15 speed), that should boost up to 165 speed. Well if you're saying you have less than 130 speed then *whisper* little speed stone abuse won't hurt much .

Waitting for your personal corpse faqs lol
MegafaunaB.krieg

I think she is 156 or something, I got close but I was focusing on 101 magic for too long and not on speed like I should have been. She ended up with like 120 magic too :(

My Shabon however I think is nearly perfect speed. she got mostly +3s during 10-22lvl, and then +2s since then, I think she got 1 or 2 +1s and I had gone too long without saving to reset, or just didn't notice since it changes so fast between the +stats gained and the total stats on the level up screen after a fight :(

Related note, does Shabon get to 8 swings if I get her 225 speed by resetting after a bad level gain/using speed gear/or speed stone trick? The multiple swings guide lists her at 6 with a *, but your top 10 damage dealers video had her at 7?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

there're only 2 characters who could reach 7 swings are Shabon and Juan but under condition that +swing title<topcommander> is set to them. In suikosource analyze,i think everything is correct but didn't show how many #swings chars would get with swing title appointed.

You'll never get another character with 8 swings but emily :) no matter how much speed the char has
MegafaunaB.krieg

Aww.

Is there any way to make unite attacks happen faster? Right now, thanks to gold beaks, my Sgt. Joe is about 40 speed faster than everyone else, but Mounted attack still goes off after Hugo attacks. He isn't even riding Fubar.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

it's futile...

with higher speed the char initiates normal attack faster, but not unite and runes casting
with corresponding skill to a certain rune leveled up or with with jeane in support, the rune spells cast faster but not unite
in bref, i don't think there's anything we can do to speed up unites turn. For a better strategy you should look at suikosource unites list, at the right column there's a timer for each unite, with less the value, the quicker the unite will be put in action.
MegafaunaB.krieg

Yeah I read that, it's 45 for mounted, which is actually really fast compared to most of them, and the attack is fast still. It's just...when i'm gonna use an AoE attack i'm trying to clear out the small fry, and if people attack first they end up wasting their turn killing 100hp< monsters, then mounted goes off and hits the big guys and doesn't kill them and I need another turn. Bah.

For magic cast times, the chart here didn't say...if I boost Hugo (or whoever) to an S in fire with fire rings/wizard hat, will taking Jeane as support still increase his casting time? Or does Jeane only work if they don't have an S?

....I think I read people talking about using Nei's jongleur with Jeane, so I guess it works?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I didn't test, but I think Jeane incantation support still help even if you have S fire affinity. It's perhaps insignificant during regular battles because even without jeane, the fire spells would act first anyway but in batle versus Sarah .i.e who's also a crazy fast water spells caster, jeane should help to determine the turn i guess.

Yea, jongleur casting tag with jeane works really well.

If you want Hugo or any other fast characters to act after the unite, why not letting them to cast a rune? wind,lightning or magic sword...you can manipulate their casting time by the grade you have them learnt those skills.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

wind, lightning? I can understand the magic sword, but wind and lightning rune?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i wouldn't bother with trying to come up with some magic for this timing issue--just plan ahead. if there is a tough enemy you probably want Hugo to attack it and make the Mounted unite focused on that enemy because the weaker enemies will likely be killed by the .6x dmg from Mounted. after a few battles with the same enemies you would figure it the right instructions anyway.
MegafaunaB.krieg

That's what I do but Hugo gets jammed up in the wall of tiny mobs, usually, and starts killing them, wasting his turn. I wonder if Holy dash would help. Well, i'm sure it would help, what I mean is, I wonder if it is worth getting holy dash just for this issue which isn't actually a serious problem, vs a skill Hugo needs more like.....accuracy. I mean in the end it's just, oh noes I have to take 2 turns instead of 1.

KFCrispy can you confirm or deny that gale runes no longer appear in Hugo chapter 3? You sort of seemed to indicate it in another post but...yeah.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

MegafaunaB.krieg wrote:KFCrispy can you confirm or deny that gale runes no longer appear in Hugo chapter 3? You sort of seemed to indicate it in another post but...yeah.
It is classified as really rare, much like Pine Bonsai and Karaya Urn

Just to give you an idea, getting the two items take me more than four hours each. Sometimes you just can't get it, then I'll leave it for another day after doing some treasure bosses :(
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

our Bestiary is pretty accurate. Gale Runes are limited to chapters 1 and 2 http://suikosource.com/games/gs3/guides/bestiary.php