Suggestions for who/when to recruit the musicians?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Re: Suggestions for who/when to recruit the musicians?

Post by gildedtalon »

@Leon481
Okay, sorry, I never know

Btw, is he also available for chapter 4 major battles? I just don't have a recollection of him joining these major battles
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

KFCrispy wrote:well going back to the original topic, I second recruiting the trio with Hugo's team because it lets you start abusing Shabon + Sgt. Joe's combo early.

Also, Nei is extremely versatile--Jongleur, earth magic, water magic, shield magic, decent attacker, and she can even do Lightning Magic pretty well. Hugo doesn't get any decent magicians (Mua has good MAG growth but poor affinities) so she would be extremely useful to him.
Chris pretty much automatically gets 2 powerful magicians that nobody else can recruit until Chapter 4, Estella and Rody, and Wilder is a decent support mage before that.

What about Alanis? She has a fire rune,and she has a descent magic skill

And Joe is quite good at his water magic

But Rody a powerful magician??? he is good because he has a firefly rune,so you can take it off from him and bring it to Mua,since he is the second best guard character after Nicolas because of his lack of rune slots.

Although i agree that Toppo/Nei/Shabon should be recruited during Hugo's chapter.

By the way i have noticed sometimes in this forum reffering that Nei is a very good character..is this true?

I usually have been ignoring her,since she was a musician so i couldn't take seriously her fighting skills :lol:
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Joe should be optimized in physical offence and tag with Shabon. From skills to equipments, he has many things support this build except his low number of swings. you'd waste his potential when using him as a water mage.

Nei is too broken because the Jongleur rune should not ever exist imo... Because of her S chanting, everyone else in party get a boost of over 200% physical attack or some life steal...everything's free forever at cost of one character busy chanting, that rune definitely is a failed game concept or at very least its performance wasn't well considerred enough.
Nei is very good as fighter as well, almost everything is identical to Shabon except her repel is lower and has less 1 swing compared to the kid, so she should do just fine with same rune setup and equipment as shabon, be it dbl strike/fury/warrior or dbl strike/fury/lion
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

gildedtalon wrote:@Leon481
Okay, sorry, I never know

Btw, is he also available for chapter 4 major battles? I just don't have a recollection of him joining these major battles
Chapter 5 and Thomas chapters only. Chapter 4 is all mandatory characters and generic fighters. It's a waste really. They could have done so much more with these battles.
Punkaiser wrote:Joe should be optimized in physical offence and tag with Shabon. From skills to equipments, he has many things support this build except his low number of swings. you'd waste his potential when using him as a water mage.
People usually have him as a water mage because he is the only natural healer Hugo can get until halfway through his chapter 3. His water is invaluable up until that point.