Treasure chests, specific to the character, or just the boss

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
MegafaunaB.krieg

Treasure chests, specific to the character, or just the boss

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

I decided to try compiling a list of what the chests drop in each chapter, all items not just their "rare" items, as well as other missable things, then I might try mashing it into a Faq as gamefaqs faqs are mostly out of date for this game, and you need to check all 27 of their separate faqs to get every missable, apparently each author only ever found one.

Anyways the less time I have to spend soft resetting (especially since i'm not playing on an emulator) the better.
So my question is, as far as you all have seen, are the treasure chest contents based on what Character opens it, or just what boss was guarding it/what #chapter it is?

I would hope it is the second one, but lot's of monsters in the game are different for Hugo and Thomas in the same chapter # as they appear for Chris and Geddoe, different item drops I mean.

I already disproved one awful rumor I heard, that in Chapters 1-3, corpse items are only available to the person who initially looted it. But it sure does take*forever* for them to respawn if you try looting them cross-hero. Just looted the corpse in Zexen forest with Geddoe ch1 that I did in Hugo ch1, but if I hadn't been stopped to respawn treasure bosses and goof around i'd probably be on Geddoe ch3 by the time the corpse respawned. In other words it takes a while!

Same question for corpse drops, do their general/rare drops change based on which Hero is looting it/and or in which chapter? I finally got a fury rune at Mount Heitou, which I was starting to believe was a rumor. Does that corpse continue to spawn fury runes into chapter 5? Or is it only in early chapters? etc.

Any help is appreciated!
eldrasidar

Re: Treasure chests, specific to the character, or just the

Post by eldrasidar »

Corpses definitely become more active in Chapters 4 and 5 in terms of resetting themselves, and there seems to be a certain amount of luck required to make particular items show up at corpses, that might not become available until your character's have sufficiently leveled up, but I cannot prove that or give you a specific formula.

With treasure chests, the first time you open one being guarded by a particular guardian boss monster, there is a set list of items and potch that will be received, regardless of who defeats the monster. After that point, the items you receive will be a random mix of items from a short list of things that will often include some common items like mega medicine, mediocre armor, and then maybe one or two rarer pieces of equipment or runes. There's not really been any rhyme or reason so far as I can tell as to what shows up in the treasure chest after the first time(besides the contents being selected from a small list of possible contents). I have gotten the same items out of each chest with each character at some point or another.

Getting them to respawn takes about a 30 minutes, so what you should do is wait until you have about 3 of them, and then go to one of them, beat the boss and take the treasure, walk(don't teleport) to the next, defeat that one, and move on to the last, and just continue cycling through them in such a manner.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

eldrasidar wrote:Getting them to respawn takes about a 30 minutes, so what you should do is wait until you have about 3 of them, and then go to one of them, beat the boss and take the treasure, walk(don't teleport) to the next, defeat that one, and move on to the last, and just continue cycling through them in such a manner.
Different place have different respawn time, some are 30 mins, 45 mins, 1 hour. Not every place only takes 30 mins
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sat May 24, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

it's always been about 30 minutes in my experience, and by 30 minutes, I mean a subjective time frame, not literally watch the clock for 30 minutes and it respawns. If it take 45 minutes or whatever, that's close enough for me.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

MegafaunaB.krieg wrote: Same question for corpse drops, do their general/rare drops change based on which Hero is looting it/and or in which chapter? I finally got a fury rune at Mount Heitou, which I was starting to believe was a rumor. Does that corpse continue to spawn fury runes into chapter 5? Or is it only in early chapters? etc.
Any help is appreciated!
About this im pretty sure any MC is the same when it comes to % rare loot, i don't usually loot fury from corpse since there's easier way as farming from bronze sun. But as for fortune runes, there were once i looted it in the 1st try with Hugo, 2nd try with Geddoe, 2nd try with Chris but also there were times it took me about 50+ tries with Hugo or 40+ resets with Geddoe and the the worst experience was 100+ resets with Chris. In my experiences, it's pure luck thing. And reloot does seem to be unlimited (in my 1st play through i missed chance to farm fury runes in hugo chapter 3 so gotta loot all those runes from Mt heitu corpse)
MegafaunaB.krieg

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

I still haven't gotten a second stone of magic from mountain path, but i've not tried very much either, had to go out right after I posted this topic and haven't had time to play since.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I can't confirm this but you are prolly wasting your time, as i've never got a second stone from the same guardian chest during my 20 playthoughs, these items are much likely unique loot per guardian chest.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

many items provided on the 1st and possibly 2nd time you defeat the treasure boss are unique and won't be available again from that chest.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

most of the stones are I'm pretty sure 1 time drops, however I've definitely gotten multiple REP stones from the Azzodess in the chp 3 flame champion's hideaway. I spent a long time mining it for fire magic rings, but I also got a lot of rep stones.