[Guide] Leveling tricks / EXP distribution

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Leveling tricks / EXP distribution

Post by KFCrispy »

Earth Magic Rings are really rare as well.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so i have a question - has anyone ever gotten 2 Fortune Runes in a game?
i think my write-up is pretty much complete. i've noticed some 9.7 level gains at the level just above the final level you can get 10 levels.... this can work out better than getting the straight 20 with a Fortune Rune: at Flame Champion Hideaway with a 2-person party, a level 47 character can only reach 67; a level 48.6-48.9 (600-999 exp) character would get 19.4 levels, bringing him to 68.
hope you enjoyed it!
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I never even got one fortune rune. It's one of the very few things I haven't gotten. of course I still haven't found a good reason to really try for it in suikoden 3. In suikdoen 1 when you could pick up right at the strart of the game, it was awesome, but not being able to get in until half way through chapter 4 in suikoden 3 makes it kinda pointless, except maybe to bring up some of the thomas chars really fast(only really worth doing that with thomas, who needs to go well past level 60 in order to get all 4 levels of magic, which lets him use a cyclone rune's full power, along with his supreme wind magic skill, which is the best in the game(Luc being excluded, since you don't really play much with him, and his true wind is nerfed, so thomas is actually substantially faster)
knight85

Post by knight85 »

where can i find a fortune rune?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Corpse on the rightmost path of cyndar ruins
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Is that the same corpse which contain Old book v4 ?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

it is indeed.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Punkaiser found the boss fights against Sarah and Yuber provide even more levels. While it's pretty much the least useful leveling opportunities and likely the most difficult, it will be able to obtain the highest using the Fortune Rune trick and you'll be able to use the character against the final boss. With a party of 3, he boosted a level 53 character to 73 against Sarah.
Punkaiser wrote:that was a party of 3 (FC + Ruby + someone that i dont remember) There was once i won againts Yuber with just Hugo and Fubar but at that time i didnt have fortune rune on them and made me notice of the huge amt of exp so i found this trick at that moment, but kinda hard to win with a party of two so i'm satisfied with 53->73 with a party of 3.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Done with a party of 2 members, with fortune rune equipped in Yuber battle the characters will be pumped to 74 if they were 54. In Sarah battle if the characters are at level 55 they will be boosted to 75

I recorded the setup and Sarah battle progress to level Nei from 55 to 75 in my channel below, check out if you care.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

I missed the note on the first post that a KO'd character doesn't raise the EXP gained (unlike other titles in the series). Sucks for the characters I got to level 50... Had such a great setup for it too.