Solo challenge, I will not play any of Thomas' chapters

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Solo challenge, I will not play any of Thomas' chapters

Post by gildedtalon »

Right now, I'm still wasting time levelling Chris to lvl 98. Once I'm done, the challenge will start. I will probably only recruit shopkeepers lol
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
highwind44029

Re: Solo challenge, I will not play any of Thomas' chapters

Post by highwind44029 »

What are the mechanics? I assume you're going to pick Chris as the Flame Champion because of her high level? Will the party members you can't remove (SFDF 14th Unit, Sgt. Joe) not be upgraded at all?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yep, I will keep them dead on every battle leaving them with absolutely no experience throughout the game
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

With Chris at that lv and maxed skills, she will evade almost everything. You should be able to dash almost through the whole game without any problems.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Lol? Still need to solo the game using Hugo and Geddoe which probably won't be easy. Will not bother trying to win on battles where we are allowed to lose :D

Edit: Finally got Chris to lvl 98
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I'm having trouble fighting the Zexens with lvl 13 Hugo. Dammit, I wonder if I can solo the boss on Mountain Path :cry: Beat the Zexens with lvl 18 Hugo and maxed repel/armor protect/heavy damage. Now playing Geddoe's chapter 1
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hugo is imba. He will have no trouble dealing with anybody (except Yuber/Sarah/Luc) with maxed skills. Run from monsters that have no-miss attacks though. I think Wind of Sleep is still decent in this installment, so I think that Wind Rune can come in handy. Geddoe pwns anything with maxed Lightning Magic and Armor Protect.

Will you fight the FireRIncar with just Chris or will you also use the other two?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Just Chris, it'll be too easy if I use the other two with their uber capabilities :wink: Chris' MDF really sucks

Playing Hugo Chapter 3 at the moment
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

To make things interesting, I use all reserve during strategy battle.

Yuber can not be solo-ed :cry: Will try again tomorrow
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

gildedtalon wrote:Chris' MDF really sucks
excuse me? her MDF growth is 06 like her SKL. i said it before... Chris would likely have the easiest time vs the RIncar at normal levels. since she's the only main character who can easily reach level 99, that would make it even less of a challenge!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Really? I think I will have lots of trouble against the boss
KFCrispy wrote:Chris would likely have the easiest time vs the RIncar at normal levels. since she's the only main character who can easily reach level 99, that would make it even less of a challenge!
What? On all my playthroughs, she is ALWAYS the first to die if I choose to bring her at all(there was one time I didn't bring her, Geddoe and the dogs). I always ended up using Sasarai to heal even though Chris has True Water Rune........

Now you're really scaring me, just what kind of equipment did you get for her? Saying it would make even less of a challenge :shock:
Last edited by gildedtalon on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Solo-ing Sarah with Hugo is such an accomplishment. The toughest so far. Equipped Hugo with Killer and Drain also a sacrificial jizo that saved my life at the first turn

And now, it's time for the finale. Soloing everything throughout the game has been really tough as you always have to keep everyone else dead. Well, the final boss was really easy since Chris has Phoenix rune. Now I will try it using Geddoe/Hugo/Chris(not lvl 98 Chris)

The game does not let you confront Luc alone, the scene shows Hugo and Geddoe. Same when you escape the place

I've been wondering if you brought Fred/Rico/Thomas/Cecile/Sasarai and Dios for the final battle, does that mean there are no events at all? Only showing Apple, huh?

Soloed the boss with lvl 65 Geddoe. Equipped him with Thunder only to use Thunder Storm and Water. Also equipped him with 3 reflection ring on the accessory slot. I almost run out of Kindness Drops(only 2 left, Kindness rain is long gone), thankfully the boss died first

And now, how am I supposed to solo the boss with Hugo who has no magic repel........
Btw, Silent Lake doesn't work. I seem to remember someone asking if the spell works on the boss.
Damn, I last saved at Luc's chapter when I used Hugo as FC :cry:

Edit: Soloed the boss with lvl 64 Chris. Equipped her with flame casque, blood armor, resistance ring, 2 mega medicine A

And that leaves only Hugo which I can not do since my FC Hugo save file has been overwritten by Luc's chapter..........
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Chris' Phoenix Rune probably *shouldn't* be used unless you definitely want to heal or use a magic scroll or something the next round, because normal attacks with her high chance of critical hits (use Chief's Hat instead of Flame Casque) would likely average higher damage. but anyway, impressive job!

it could be possible that Chris took more damage from spells because your other characters had the right elemental resistance and/or the Magic Resistance skill, but her base MDF is one of the highest in the game. she is a true tank.

Hugo is definitely the worst fit for this challenge. i'd try using Magic Resistance and Armor Protect skills to maxize defense and probably use a full Pale Moon Set to recover HP while attacking (BTW if Chris can use a Pale Moon Set she can likely Auto the final boss (except the damn Water Rune would keep reviving the front runes, blocking the Auto attack from targeting the main body!)). the Pale Moon Set will offer low PDF, so there is a question of surviving the big physical rush attack.

i wonder if Sword of Magic's extra damage gets applies to the Pale Moon Set's heal. it probably doesn't but it would be pretty neat if it did.

for your actual battle commands, do you just attacking the Wind Rune Incarnation directly? i guess that's the only strategy there really is, considering Water Rune just revives the other parts...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

No, my first concern is surviving for 6 turns to use Phoenix Rune 3 times on the water rune to kill it. My strategy is always the same no matter who I use, kill water first and then the rest of the runes except earth then kill the boss. You must kill the water rune in those 6 turns otherwise it's game over. In all my experience, if you fail to finish water beforehand it will always result in game over. On the first few tries I failed since I was dealing 1300+ damage, luckily I had some medal sets so I went back to the castle and appointed a title that increases damage and accuracy. That increased phoenix damage to 1500+ allowing me to kill water in 3 uses. And also I cannot possibly aim the boss straight off the bat with the runes dealing damage. You'll know when you try it, there are times when the boss and the 3 runes attack you in one turn.

Pale Moon Set allows you to leech HP? Is Hugo able to equip it? THAT could be my last hope in soloing the boss after equipping killer and drain rune. If what concerns you is PDF, don't worry just ignore it as there's only one attack that deals physical damage

Wait, do you know how long Clay Guardian lasts? How many turns? I could probably use it to actually help Hugo survive
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Hugo can definitely use the Pale Armor Set.
Clay Guardian might be 3 turns, not too sure.