Solo challenge, I will not play any of Thomas' chapters

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Re: Solo challenge, I will not play any of Thomas' chapters

Post by gildedtalon »

Then time to revise my strategy
1.Rune: Double-Strike
2.Helmet:Pale Moon Casque; Armor: Pale Moon Leather
3.Accesssory slot: Chain Attack Ring, Pale Moon Necklace, Mega Medicine A/Chain Attack Ring(if for some reason I'm feeling really lucky)

We will focus heavily on Hugo's overpoweredness by appointing title that increases swing and chain attack ring(s)

Just tested it with FC Chris save file, there was one time Hugo attacks a rune 7 times and goes to hit another rune 3 times(10 hits a turn lol). I'd say FC Hugo will definitely have an easier time soloing against the final boss than Geddoe/Chris :mrgreen:

After all, offense is the only defense for Hugo hahaha
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm surprised you got 10 hits total. i thought Continuous Attack only allows left-over swings to work and i've never seen Hugo do more than 7 attacks, maybe only 6... i'd rather equip an accessory that boosts magic/elemental resistance or attack (SPD is an option if there is enough of a boost to add 1 more swing)

You might want to use a fresh Kobold's Course for your healing item (i think you get 7 uses too!), it can cause Boost status which doubles your physical damage. I hope you knew about this... Chris could have benefited greatly as well ;)

If Double-Strike is causing a negative impact (ie not able to survive the physical attack when it hits), go with Warrior or Gale....
another thing Hugo can try is Magic Sword.. you can add elemental resistance if Fire or Lightning are too active, and you don't even need to learn the skill to get a +15% dmg boost... best to cast it while already standing in front of the RIncar because he'll probably be able to add some attacks in the same turn. if you're far away he'll just run over and not attack.

man, this makes me want to find a save where i can try this stuff out!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

First try straight out succeed, encountered no difficulties whatsoever. Used a different strategy though:
1.Rune:Killer
2.Equipment:Pale Moon Set,Resistance Ring, and Mega Medicine A(should have replaced this one with Chain Attack Ring instead)

Haha, turned out I was right, Hugo is the easiest FC to solo the final boss :D
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I am still pretty sure Chris can use the same Pale Moon Set and handle the boss at a lower level because of her higher HP and MDF stats :)
hell, i think everyone can use Pale Moon Set.... Geddoe might have the easiest time with 2 free runes.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hey gildedtalon, how did you defeat the Water Dragon solo with Hugo? i'm kinda handicapping myself more than normal because i am trying to see what the lowest level is to get a 10 level boost after defeating it. i don't even know if it'll work, because it may just be a bunch of low-level enemies and you end up with barely any EXP gain..
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I previously beat it using Chris and not Hugo. Not to mention it was lvl 98 Chris. I haven't tried it with Hugo
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i gave up because i cared more about seeing if it's a better leveling event for the FC than the other ones available. turns out it's not. i'm sure leveling up further would help.. sticking with a Pale Moon set worked for a while, and higher stats would make the damage and healing more consistent (more crits, slightly higher dmg, less guarding against my attacks.. and more MDF and HP for surviving)