Does she remind you of someone else?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
avenger

Does she remind you of someone else?

Post by avenger »

It just dawned on me that (i'm Playing S3 now again) the lady at the Brass Castle inn who you pay to sleep, looks very much like the old lady who lives with Ammina in Star Ocean 3.

Is this awesome or what? Perhaps it's just a generic lady who game companies use?
What are your thoughts of this?
eldrasidar

Re: Does she remind you of someone else?

Post by eldrasidar »

I'm pretty sure she is generic, I mean, you can also find her also selling armor at brass castle, and hanging around vinay del zexay and in Iskay. as for a similar character model in star ocean(which I haven't played), I suspect you can find similar character models in many games. to me she just looks like a stereotypical german mother, so if you're trying to have that kind of image, this is a pretty good representation. game companies use generic character models for npc's all the time, since most npc's primary function is to give a semblance of realism to the world, in as much as there are actually people living in a town, but since they aren't plot important, it's easier to just make a few models and copy paste. since npc's pretty much play this role in all games, it will invariably happen that multiple games will have similar npc's.
avenger

Re: Does she remind you of someone else?

Post by avenger »

You're right, but this one to me was somewhat different maybe because of the two games that i mostly play have two people who are the same design..